Is there a demo version of Stream?
For right now, you’re welcome to try our installers for macOS and Windows, pre-activation, with the following limited feature-set: 1 grain window, fixed buffer length, 2 grain voices, no sync, and no preset saving.
Does Stream have presets?
- You have the ability to make your own presets using the load and save preset buttons located at the top-right of the user interface. We aim to have some artist-made presets in the near future.
Does Stream store parameter values and buffer audio when I close a session?
No, for right now. If you want to store an audio stem to process with Stream, record it on the audio track where Stream is active.
As for presets, you can record automation data directly to your automation lanes in your digital audio workstation. Otherwise, you can save your preset values to a “.stream” preset file and then recall those values manually on the next start-up. We’re teasing out how we want to approach presets for patches we plan to release in the future.
How do I activate my plugin?
- Install the Stream 1.0 binaries to your machine using our macOS (restart is required for AU) or Windows installers.
- Load up your workstation of choice (Ableton, Cubase, Pro Tools, Logic, Reaper, etc.) and add Stream to an audio track.
- Load the UI and click on the “Unlock” button located in the top-center of the main component window.
- Click Activate and enter your email, username and password along with your issued activation code.
Is my username and password associated with the Delta Sound Labs website?
- No. Your username and password is unique to the Stream plugin only. The login on our website is for customers buying directly from our website.
How do I reset my password?
- Send us an email and we’ll reset your account: firstname.lastname@example.org
The AU component is not showing up on macOS 10.14 or higher. How do I fix that?
- You should ensure any and older binary files of Stream have been deleted before running our installers.
- You should ensure that you have restarted your computer after running our installer on macOS.
- You may have to empty your caches: User > Library > Caches > AudioUnitCaches. Once they have been deleted, please restart your computer and rescan AU components in your DAW. Here’s a nice article about having fun with the AU Validation Tool.
The installers flag a message about an unknown or unidentified developer. What should I do?
- Our software is digital signed (Apple certified) for macOS but some operating systems may not recognize the certificate once it has been uploaded and downloaded from our web server. On macOS, simply right-click and open the installer. On Windows, simply click more information and run anyway.
I want to print or record the output of Stream to an audio file. How do I do that?
- You have to route and print the audio output of the audio track containing your instance of Stream to another audio track. For example, in Live, create a new audio track and set your input source to the track containing Stream (Post FX) and print, or use Live’s Resample feature or Freeze and Flatten. There is no magic button and actually when you really think about it, it doesn’t make any sense either.
Will I ever be able to drag and drop an audio file onto the Stream buffer?
- Yes. There will be a patch with a few updates in 2020.
I’ve heard tell that I can use Stream as a MIDI controlled audio effect in Logic Pro. Is this true?
- Yes! You can add Stream to a MIDI track as a MIDI controllable audio effect and send it MIDI data. Then, simply pull your audio from the side-chain selector in the top-right of the plugin user interface.
- If you need a demo of how to do that, have a look at thisl tutorial. You can re-pitch you grain voices using any MIDI pitch-based device and you can also step-sequence the buffer using the often underutilized C-2 to C-1 MIDI note range.
Unrelated but related. Is it true you guys make Eurorack modules?
Do you have more questions? Send us an email at email@example.com.